Pullback Volumes for Road Decommissioning
Updated November 30, 2017
This article applies to:
- RoadEng Civil
- RoadEng Forestry
Pull back volumes can be calculated using the Pullback template (see link below).
Pullback Template Notes:
- The vertical alignment must lie on the ground (on the existing road). The easiest way to ensure this (in the event that the profile is not on the ground) is to delete the vertical alignment.
- Templates for left or right should be used depending on the configuration of the existing cut.
- The horizontal alignment may lie anywhere on the existing road.
- It is best if the existing road is flat; however there is a Crossfall variable to accommodate somewhat for sloping roads.
- The accuracy of the actual down slope offset depends on the FinalSlopeEstimate accuracy. Errors will be small in any event; use the Measure Tool in the Section window to check the existing slope.
1. Click on the link below and choose menu File | Save Target As. Save it to a temporary folder.
2. Start the Location module and open your design file.
3. Select menu Edit | Edit Templates. Click on the Merge button and browse to the folder where the template table was stored (step 1).