Adding Curve Tables to Multi-Plot
Updated May 24, 2016
This article applies to:
- RoadEng Civil
- RoadEng Forestry
The tutorial files referred to in this article
can be installed from the Updates section of support.softree.com or from your
CD/Flash Drive provided at time of software purchase. See Getting Started for additional information on tutorial files and the location
of file install folders.
In this section a horizontal Curve Table sub-view will be created.
If you are continuing from Adding Legends to a Multi-Plot above you should omit steps 1 and 2.
1. File | Open <RoadEngCivil>\Location\Align stage 9.dsn.
2. Retrieve screen layout <Defaults and Layouts>\Training\training multi 5.dlt.
Note: The page setup is not saved with the screen layout. Go to File | Print Setup to change the orientation to landscape and paper size to legal.
3. Edit | New Sub-View | Tables | Horizontal Curves to create the table.
4. Move and size the table until it fits on the right of the Plan and Profile graphics.
5. Right click on the table and select menu Horizontal Curve Table 1: Sub-View Options to open the Horizontal Curve Table dialogue box (figure below, top).
Scroll Position Auto here means that the table items shown occur in the station range for the current page (see previous exercise on pagination).
6. Press the Options button to open the Curve Table Options dialogue box (figure below, right).
7. Change the Width to 20mm.
8. Select Design Points All to include points of intersection (IPs) with no curve attached.
9.Press the Add/Remove button to open the Curve Table Fields dialogue box (figure below, left).
Figure 1: Horizontal curves table options dialogue boxes.
10. Add and Remove items (double click works) until you have only Radius (R), IP Stn, IP X and IP Y in the selected column.
11.Press OK in all three dialogue boxes to see the results (figure below).
Figure 2: Horizontal curve table after configuration.
12. Save your modified screen layout: training Output.dlt. See instructions in previous exercises. If you had trouble with the preceding exercises, screen layout training multi 6.dlt contains the final results.
At this point you may want to experiment with some of the other curve table options or maybe create a vertical curve table. You can also use <Ctrl + N> to check all the pages.
13. File | Close. Do not save changes.