Updated July 08, 2021
This article applies to:
- Terrain 3D
- Terrain Forestry
- RoadEng Civil
- RoadEng Forestry
This Knowledge Base article is an excerpt from one of our tutorial files. The files referenced in the article, as well as the full tutorial document, are available in our Tutorial Installer.
- File | Open <Terrain>\CAD\park map.terx.
Figure 1: Red Arrows Depicting Campground Locations
- Plan | New Feature. Select CAMP from Name drop down list. Uncheck Elevations and Modelled as shown in the figure below. Press Create Using Mouse.
Figure 2: New Feature Properties Dialogue
- Move the cursor to one of the campground locations as indicated by the two red arrowheads in the figure at the start of the exercise and press the left mouse once to create (and capture) a new point. Left-click again to anchor the new point.
- Change the symbol to campground: Right-click | Modify Selected Feature(s) | Linetypes, Symbols… In Symbol Type: Campground. Press OK to return to the main window.
Figure 3: Campground Symbol Selection Dialogue
The following steps will duplicate this symbol at the other campground locations.
- With the campground symbol still selected, Home | Copy | or press <Ctrl +C> to copy it.
- Home | Paste or press <Ctrl +V>. This will paste the campground symbol right on top. You can determine if there is more than one feature by clicking on the center cross and a textbox will appear listing the features.
- Move a symbol, to the new location: Feature Tools | Move, Size, Rotate or by pressing <Ctrl + M>.
- Move the cursor on top of the symbol until a 4-sided arrow icon appears. Left-click and drag the copied symbol to the other location.
Figure 4: Park Example with Campground Symbol
- Proceed to Step #2 of the next example or exit the program by selecting File | New. Do not save changes.