Correcting a Traverse using Station Equations
Updated July 08, 2021
This article applies to:
- Terrain Forestry
- RoadEng Forestry
This Knowledge Base article is an excerpt from one of our tutorial files. The files referenced in the article, as well as the full tutorial document, are available in our Tutorial Installer.
Figure 1: Old Route (main) and New Route (new main)
Note the discrepancy between the stations of main (old route) and new main (new route) in the figure above. If the stationing is left as is, the stations after 720.1 in the field would be different than the stations in the traverse module. To correct this a Field Reference column is added to the new main traverse notes.
- File | Open <SurveyMap>\Adjust\main.tr1 and <SurveyMap>Adjust\new main.tr1.
- Place the Traverses side by side using View | Tile Vertically.
- Highlight main.tr1 and scroll up to station 720.1. Highlight new main.tr1 scroll up to station 738.5.
- To add a Field Reference column to new main.tr1. Select Traverse |Traverse Entry Button. Press the Columns button and add Field Ref. from the Available side to the Displayed side. Press the Shift Up button until Field Ref is just below Station on the Displayed Side. Press OK twice.
- Select Traverse | Current Field button in the Survey Information Dialogue Box press the Stn. Equations button.
- Press the Add button in the resulting dialogue box.
- Type 738.5 in the Backwards frame, and 720.1 in the Forwards frame. Press OK to close all dialogue boxes.
Figure 2: new main.tr1 with Field Reference to main.tr1
The Field Ref column opposite station 738.5 of new main.tr1 reads 738.5 = 720.1. Notice that in the Field Ref column of New Main.tr1 above station 738.5 corresponds to the stations in main.tr1 above station 720.1.
- Close both new main.tr1 and main.tr1. Do not save changes.