Controlling Max Section Points
Updated February 12, 2019
This article applies to:
- RoadEng Civil
- RoadEng Forestry
- Softree Optimal
With today's increasing use of LiDAR, the maximum number of topographic section points in a cross section is sometimes exceeded.
Follow the below steps to modify your default maximum section points:
- Open the Terrain Module (just the software, not a project file)
- Go to the Setup tab |Module setup | install | then press the explore button
- This will open a file explorer window, find softree.ini
- Right-click on softree.ini and select “Open with” , choose note pad
- Search within note pad for “MaxSectionPoints”
- The default is set to MaxSectionPoints=2048.Change the number to “10000”
- Save softree.ini. Close.
- Close Terrain and re-open.