Controlling Max Section Points
Updated May 06, 2022
This article applies to:
- RoadEng Civil
- RoadEng Forestry
- Softree Optimal
RoadEng Location has a limit on the number of points (MaxSectionPoints) used to calculate cross-sectional geometry.
With today's increasing use of LiDAR, the default maximum number (2048) is sometimes exceeded when draping cross-sections. In this event you are prompted with a warning and your cross-section extents will be narrower.
Follow the steps below to modify your maximum number of section points:
- Open the Setup dialog box (Setup | Module Setup or Location Setup) and choose the Install tab.
- Press the Explore button; this will open a File Explorer window.
- Open softree.ini with a text editor. (Right-click, select “Open with”, choose NotePad)
- Search for “MaxSectionPoints”
- Change the value. "MaxSectionPoints=10000" will solve most large/dense model problems.
- Save softree.ini. Close.
- Close Location and re-open.
Warning Message - Section Points Exceeded
Updating the .ini setting