Manual installation of USB driver - Sentinel Protection Installer
Updated May 18, 2021
This article applies to:
- Terrain 3D
- Terrain Forestry
- RoadEng Civil
- RoadEng Forestry
- Softree Optimal
In case of any problem during the installation of Sentinel Protection Installer on a x64 Windows OS, it's possible to install the USB System Driver manually.
This is applicable for:
- Sentinel Hardware Key (SHK)
- Sentinel SuperPro
- Sentinel UltraPro
Sentinel Protection Installer cannot install the selected components.
"InstallShield Wizard could not install Sentinel Protection Installer 7.6.9."
Manual Installation of USB Driver.
Download the attached package;
1. Download the attached package;
2. Unzip it and copy the package on the target machine at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel (you might need to create the folder "Safenet Sentinel");
3. Plug the Hardware Key (Sentinel SuperPro, Sentinel UltraPro or Sentinel Hardware Key);
4. Windows OS shall start the wizard to recognize the Hardware Key, skip the search on Windows Update
5. Open Device Manager;
6. Locate the Key and right click on it.
7. Select "Update Driver Software" and "Browse my computer for driver software".
Point the search to the folder Safenet Sentinel above copied\created;
8. Un-plug and re-plug the key;
9. The key shall be recognized properly on Device Manager.