Updated November 17, 2017
This article applies to:
- Terrain 3D
- Terrain Forestry
- RoadEng Civil
- RoadEng Forestry
- Softree Optimal
If your purchase of a Softree product came with a product key, you will enter your product key through our license manager. Depending on your internet / proxy / and firewall settings, you may have to activate offline or through setting up a proxy.
- Recommended: Activate Online
- No Internet Connection: Activate Offline
- Proxy Connection: Activate with a Proxy Server
We recommend activating online - you will require an internet connection for this step.
1. Within the License Manager, select Cloud-Based license type:
2. With Active the license online selected, paste your product serial code (provided on a license card and/or in an email):
3. Press Activate. The license activation summary screen will be shown:
4. Press Continue to close.
If you need to activate a software license on a computer that has restricted Internet access or no Internet access, you can activate your software manually through our offline activation.
ON THE INSTALL COMPUTER:
1. Open the software, activate the license management dialogue box (it should pop up automatically).
2. Select Cloud-based License.
3. Select Activate the license offline.
4. Paste your product activation key (provided on your product license card and/or email)
5. This will now display your computer ID – copy that Computer ID & transfer to a computer with internet connection.
ON AN INTERNET-CONNECTED COMPUTER:
6. Go to www.softree.com/offline-activation
7. Paste your computer ID, activation key, and type a name for your install computer (you decide this one).
8. Press Get Computer Key
9. Copy and paste the Computer Key and transfer to your install computer.
ON THE INSTALL COMPUTER
10. Copy and paste the Computer Bound Key into the License manager dialogue in the software.
11. Press “Activate”.