USB (Hardlock) Key Security
Updated August 18, 2017
This article applies to:
- Terrain 3D
- Terrain Forestry
- RoadEng Civil
- RoadEng Forestry
- Softree Optimal
Security hardlock key is a hardware device that attaches to a USB port. USB security keys are available only for stand-alone computers (single user). Network USB keys are no longer supported as of Version 8 (see Network Security).
USB Key Installation
Note: DO NOT attach a USB key until the drivers are installed and your computer has been restarted.
1. After software installation, from the License Manager screen, select USB Key
2. Press Download in step 1 to download and install the USB Key drivers. Follow the steps within the installation wizard.
3. Once complete, attach the USB key to a port on the computer.
4. Press Continue. Your software should now be operating with the USB security method.
- DO NOT attach the USB key until the drivers are installed. A restart may be required.
- First time the USB key is plugged in Windows recognizes a new device and installs additional drivers.
- USB keys are backward compatible
- Latest security drivers are required to remotely reprogram a USB key for another version or product.
Still in Not Working?
- Some computers have faulty USB ports. Attach USB key to another port.
- Try re-starting the computer. Remove USB key and attach after computer has restarted. If still in demonstration mode try a different port again.
- Check Device Manager. If the key is listed in “Other Devices” as “USB UltraPro or Sentinel HL” then follow the steps below to update the drivers manually.
- Right click on USB UltraPro or Sentinel HL under Other devices.
- Click on “update driver software”
- Select “Browse my computer for driver software”
- Browse the location to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel System Driver
- Click next, you should get “Windows has successfully updated the driver”
If your software is still not recognizing the key: Contact Softree.