Updating Cloud License Codes to A Newer Version
Updated October 01, 2020
This article applies to:
- Terrain 3D
- Terrain Forestry
- RoadEng Civil
- RoadEng Forestry
- Softree Optimal
In order to recognize the license change, you must return the Licence Code in your current version before activating the license in the newer version.
Step #1 - Return License in Current Version
Note: You must be connected to the internet to activate and return a license.
- Open any module of the Software
- Go to Setup | Licensing | License Manager
- Press Return License
- Exit the software
Step #2 - Install Newer Version (V9)
- Go to Softree Support Updates page
- Download and install your product installer
- A shortcut to the new Version 9 icons will be created to your desktop.
Step #3 - Activate License
- Click on any Version 9 module icon to run the software.
- The “Activate License Management” dialog box should pop up automatically.
- Select Cloud-based licensing
- Your activation code should still be displayed
- Press Activate and Continue