Exporting Location Surface to LandXML
Updated July 30, 2019
This article applies to:
- RoadEng Civil
- RoadEng Forestry
You can export a Location module surface directly to LandXML. This format is created by choosing menu File - Save As and selecting Landxml (*.XML) in the Save file as type combo box (as shown in the figure below).
Figure1 - Save As | Save as Type Drop-down
The LandXML Export options as shown below will appear.
LandXML Export Options
Starting in Version 9, the Location module now exports surfaces directly to LandXML.
- Within this dialog, select the surface layer which you would like to export (eg. SG – Subgrade material).
This will produce a landxmL file with CL alignment (horizontal and vertical) and subgrade surface.
- Press OK to continue.
Additional LandXML Export Options
- Alignment checkbox - If selected, the current horizontal and associated vertical alignment will be included.
- Surface checkbox - If selected, a LandXML TIN surface of the selected layer will be included.
- Sections checkbox - If selected, cross sections will be included.
- Station Range Allows you to select the range of stations to output. This only applies to and Surface and Sections (not the horizontal and vertical alignment).
- Layers combobox - allows you to choose the template surface.
- Offset - is used to control the section width. The offset can be measured from C/L (centerline) or from SS (Slope stake).
The following options are only available if "Sections" is selected.
- Alignment point types - allows you to choose which type of points are included in Section output. See also Alignment Point Types for more infomation.
- Include alignment attachment point layer - if selected a single point representing the alignment attachment is included in each cross section.
- Point Codes - if points codes are selected then only those points will be included in the cross section.
- Auto identify critical points - if checked, colinear points are removed (unless they are explicitely selected by code) and non colinear segments are always included.
- Always include C/L point - if checked, a C/L point will be included corresponding to the selected layer(s).
- Single polyline output - if checked, points will be assembled into a single polyline feature and in left to right order.