Updated August 17, 2020
This article applies to:
- RoadEng Civil
- RoadEng Forestry
There are several ways RoadEng can be used to field stake. To stake a road surface it is recommended saving the design (dsnx) file with LandXML extension. If only the centerline is being staked it would be better to save as a coordinate file (txt) and/or save the centerline as dxf.
The coordinate file will generate points at the defined intervals, and the dxf file will produce a line.
To save a coordinate file follow these steps:
- Click Save As.
- Save the extension as coordinates (*.txt).
Figure 1: Saving As *.txt
- Then you can configure the following dialogue box to only include the information you would like by adjusting the points, fields, and surfaces:
Figure 2: ASCII Export Options Dialog Box
- Point types you’ll want to only select autointerval and set the interval to 10m.
- Fields you will probably want your LStn, XYZ coordinates, and Code (this will give you point codes, not just CL but you’ll have an identifier to separate them).
To save a dxf of just your CL :
- Turn off all Symbol/Linework in your Plan view.
- Click Save As dxf.